SLIDER

2,000 Words In (Finally)

I'm 2,000 words in. Do you know what that means?  

I'm at the 4% mark for my 50,000 word count goal.

How I'm feeling about it: 

Thanks to my writing mentor, I was able to get a rough plan for how I want this to go.

I've never had as much fun writing a side character as I have these past two weeks. Developing Idney V. has been a wild ride full of cackles and kidneys.

Writing animal non-verbal communication is getting hard as I'm adding new species to my story, it requires a lot of knowing how the animals work, and a good bit of imagination (especially for Idney).

I completely flipped the feeling of the story, I'm not focusing enough on the description of the setting, and it make's things a bit confusing for the reader.

My favorite quote so far:

Idney stopped short and looked at Chaiyæm in complete shock, “it’s the Kidney Dance you nut.”

My favorite thing that was said in regards to my story:

There just aren't good pictures of kidneys out there.

Art courtesy of Jessica Stephens, a fellow YDubber. You can see her awesome blog here.
-Malachi-

P.S the drawing is a charterer concept that I REALLY want to implement.

1 comment

  1. They were right there aren't any good pictures of kidneys out there! 😂

    ReplyDelete

© Malachi Gibson – Author Blog • Theme by Maira G.