SLIDER

3,000 words in/Life Happens

 6%...

It really doesn't feel like much, but it's more words than I've written for any recent projects. 

How I am feeling about the content: It's usable at least, I have a few lines and ideas that are definitely going to stay in until the final edit, even if I move them to a different scene.

Speaking of this scene, I feel it is going to last too long. Besides the length of it, I hadn't quite thought of the repercussions for severely injuring a large predator. But hey, this will make for a great trial for him/them to overcome.

I feel like my supporting character is becoming the protagonist, the past 1,000 words have been entirely in his POV. I do really love all of my side characters (4 so far).

As i'm writing, I keep neglecting the mission of this book, that is to make it more true to nature than other books of this genre.

How I am feeling about it all: I haven't been as consistent as I'd like to be, and I'm not doing very good on my platform building.

Life Happens

A large part of why I haven't been as consistent as I could be is because life happened. I haven't been in the best place to write, and stress has zapped my mental energy, so I got stuck in a rut of depression and ended up binge watching Karens on Youtube. 



Looking back, even though life was hard, there were still things I could have done to help me with my mental energy:

1: Take better care of my hygiene. I haven't shaved in weeks, brushing my teeth isn't a high priority, and all I want to do when I get home is sleep. I don't know what it does for y'all, but for me, if I feel clean, I'm more likely to be happy, and the happier I am, the more mental energy I have. Philautia has a way of doing that.

2: Cleaning my room. Same as no. 1, even though I'm awake at home for max 4 hours (and I really shouldn't be staying up that late (no. 3)), your surroundings make a huge impact on your mood.

3: I should be getting to bed earlier. Now there's nothing I can do if my family tells me to do chores at 8 PM, but when I'm able, I should be going to bed at like 7 or 8, that way I don't end up sleeping in the car at 6 AM.

4: Pray. My faith is a huge thing for me, and if I'm not building it constantly, I end up feeling like garbage. In the past 6 months, there was no better time than when me and my roommate were praying every morning and night. When I pray, I no longer have an Internal Locus of Control (which according to most is a good thing, and it is, but when you're overwhelmed, it can be a real pain getting out), instead I am looking to an outside source for strength, so it's not all up to me.

I think that's all I have, ciao!

-Malachi-

1 comment

  1. Those are some great things to do, hope you keep yourself in check with them Mal.

    ReplyDelete

© Malachi Gibson – Author Blog • Theme by Maira G.